Here are some more things you will need to know when appointing a builder.
What do I get for my money?
Ok you have a set of drawings to get all the prices you need to build your extension.
But you should know that just because there is something on the drawing does not mean it will be built in your extension as a lot of companies that do drawings cut and paste the drawings they make up to give to you!
So you might find something on your drawing that you did not want or ask for however,
This is not a big problem if you have the right builder and you know the right questions to ask.
Here is a list of what you will get and will not get in the price for a standard extension.
1. The extension will not be painted/decorated.
2. You will only get the basic standard electrics per room.
One light/one light switch/one plug socket.
3. One radiator.
4. You will not get a new boiler if the one you have in your home is not big enough to supply the new radiator.
5. The radiator valves in your own home might need up grading to comply with the building regulations.
6. Your electric box / consumer unit might need changing or upgrading to comply with the building regulations.
7. External ground work such as flagging/decking is only to be made good where the new extension is built.
8. It is common practice to pay a deposit before the builders starts the work in order for him to book you in for so many weeks’ works so you get the job started when you want it.
9. Ask the builders if he will stay on the job from start to finish and not go doing other jobs.
And the most important one of all is to discuss payment terms once agreed start date with your chosen builder.
If you have any questions you can contact us at: http://www.wonderwallbuilders.co.uk/